If you have other suggestions for low-hanging fruit, or minor bug fixes; let me know and I might try to tackle them.
I haven't bothered to check if these changes have already been made elsewhere. I just wanted to fix it for my own enjoyment.
Here are the changes I've made:
- Added mags to item spawns - about 1.5x as rare as flashlight spawns
- Player can only carry one flashlight at a time - prevent picking up unwanted flashlights
- Player can drop flashlight
- Fixed some odd layout issues in the map:
- Upstairs bathroom furniture floating above ground
When a mag spawns, no bullets will appear in that pile (cassettes and flashlights can still spawn there).
This helps retain the ammo management aspects of the game. Full mags can spawn, which is more ammo than a normal bullet pile. That being said, mags can also spawn empty...
I didn't like picking up extra flashlights, because they couldn't be dropped (originally).
Now that you can drop a flashlight, I'm not sure if I should revert the single flashlight inventory change.
What do you think?
How should I make this available? Should I send a pull request on GitHub?
Here are the updates on github: https://github.com/ztdgz/7DFPS